Taught in Gulfport or Hattiesburg, the 124-credit degree develops courses for small group communication, federal income tax, financial reporting, and more. Students could also attend the British Studies Program, join Investment Club, become Eagle Scholars, and add the Casino Management Certificate. OSU offers a bachelor’s in business administration degree with 12 specializations, including accounting.
This year’s rankings have reduced the weight of ACT/SAT scores to reflect a general de-emphasis on test scores in the college admissions process. The MAcc/MS Financial Planning (Non-Thesis) program is a 3-semester program designed for accounting undergraduates who are interested in the intersection of personal financial planning and taxation. Upon completion of the program, students will be qualified to sit for the CPA, CFP, and PFS exams and will earn two masters degrees, making them extremely marketable to a wide variety of employers. Accounting and bookkeeping programs can be found at many highly-rated schools at the undergraduate and graduate degree levels. Specific features and distinctions at universities across the country can help students discover the top school that fits their education needs.
University of Alaska
Starting the freshman year, the 124-credit degree chaired by Dr. Geoffrey Goldsmith spans courses from statistics to tax preparation and computerized accounting. Students could also join the Society of Accountancy, attend Young CPA Association events, take three-credit internships at companies like Deloitte or BBVA Compass, minor in Management, and travel to China. Although the Tupelo Daily Journal reports that Mississippi’s economy is lagging behind the nation with 1.7 percent growth, accounting is hot in the Hospitality State. CareerOneStop projects that Mississippi will see accountancy grow by 10 percent through 2024 to climb from 5,650 to 6,200 jobs. Graduate with a marketable major from these accredited bachelor’s in accounting degree programs in Mississippi.
- We encourage prospective students to take the GRE or GMAT and share scores with us if you think they reflect your ability and potential.
- Whether you are in the beginning stages of your program search or you have already decided that one of Fisher’s graduate programs is the right fit for you, we encourage you to connect with us.
- The average accounting manager in Columbus, MS earns between $58,000 and $123,000 annually.
- Chaired by Dr. Donna Williams, ASU’s Accounting Major focuses on the 5 Rs of rigor, relevance, relationships, responsibility, and resilience when training undergrads to skillfully enter the business profession with in-depth financial knowledge.
- This year’s rankings have reduced the weight of ACT/SAT scores to reflect a general de-emphasis on test scores in the college admissions process.
- Unlike traditional master’s programs that require a strict and steady diet of accountancy-focused classwork, Fisher goes further by building on an accounting foundation with a variety of advanced business electives you choose.
MVSU is applauded for America’s 271st best professors on Niche, 227th best master’s education in Washington Monthly, and fifth cheapest Black college by HBCU Lifestyle. Offering Career Services, the Business Administration Department has a four-year graduation rate of 22 percent for one of the bachelor’s in accounting degree programs in Mississippi. News & World Report, the University of Texas at Austin ranked #1 for its undergraduate accounting program.
Location & Hours
Business students pursue their programs at a 7-story, state-of-the-art building. Mercer students have the opportunity to immerse themselves in a variety of accounting settings to apply the skills and knowledge they learn in the classroom. Accounting majors may also take a service-learning course, where they serve the Macon community by participating in the Internal Revenue Service’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. Twelve bachelor’s in accounting degree programs in Mississippi pass muster according to ACBSP, IACBE, or AACSB quality standards for training Magnolia State business leaders. Twice each year, the MAcc students, faculty, staff, and local accounting professionals (including alumni) gather together to perform a day of service in the greater Columbus community. The MAcc program has volunteered time at charities and organizations such as Same Page Foundation, Furniture Bank of Ohio, Gladden Community House Food Pantry, Ronald McDonald House, and MidOhio Food Bank.
- Professional Bookkeeping firm catering to businesses with 2 mil+ annual revenue, specializing in e-commerce, manufacturing, and construction/roofing.
- Chaired by Dr. Marcelo Eduardo, the 120-credit program grants courses from auditing to global business in updated classroom labs with specialized accounting software.
- Enrolling 4,800 Statesmen in the Gulf South, Delta State University stands atop 339 acres with 64 brick buildings on Bolivar County’s Blues Trail as a public, coeducational teaching school that’s led by President William LaForge.
- The Best Colleges for Accounting and Finance ranking is based on key statistics and student reviews using data from the U.S.
I chose to major in business because the profession requires a high moral compass, and it’s neat to assess a business through a financial lens. The Stetson-Hatcher School of Business has enabled me to develop connections with businesses that will help jumpstart my career. Mercer prepared me for a business career by putting an emphasis on transitions into the professional world. Networking and relationship building is more important than students may realize, and the earlier you can start creating and maintaining professional relationships the better.
Learn more about our Accounting major
Our pros have an average of 10 years’ experience handling even the most unique tax situations. This advisor is a certified professional with the following accounting packages. Bank products and services are offered by Pathward, N.A.
All deposit accounts through Pathward are FDIC insured. I loved my professors because they provided me with the resources to succeed and cared for me as a student and person. Mercer also provides opportunities for development – leadership, networking, personal, professional, and so much more. Professional Bookkeeping firm catering to businesses with 2 mil+ annual revenue, specializing in e-commerce, manufacturing, and construction/roofing.
- ASU is ranked America’s 19th top Black college on HBCU Lifestyle, 163rd best Greek life school on Niche, and 234th best value by The Economist.
- MSU is deemed America’s 197th best business school on Niche, 171st top university by the U.S.
- Mercer also provides opportunities for development – leadership, networking, personal, professional, and so much more.
- This compares to the national average accounting manager range of $60,000 to $117,000.
Payroll AccountingThis course provides an in-depth study of payroll accounting.
Donald R. Tapia School of Business
Learn more about the program by downloading our one-page MAcc information sheet here. The Best Colleges for Accounting and Finance ranking is based on key statistics Bookkeeping Services in Columbus and student reviews using data from the U.S. Compare top accounting schools and degree programs for financial planning, actuarial science, and finance majors.
Headed by Dr. Cheryl L. Dale, the 128-credit program injects upper-division courses from cost management to financial portfolio analysis. Majors may also pledge Sigma Beta Delta, join the Society for Advancement of Management, intern with Topp McWhorter Harvey, study in South Africa, and claim the Trustee Scholarship. Housed in a $10.6-million facility, the 48-month degree blends courses like governmental accounting with practical experience at companies like GranthamPoole and McCarthy CPA.
Bachelor’s in Accounting Degree Programs in Mississippi
Students might also add the Honors Curriculum, spend a semester in Morocco, and earn the Alcorn Achieve Scholarship. The following undergraduate accounting schools in Mississippi are backed by accreditation to help calculate profitable career starts. A career certificate program is also offered https://www.bookstime.com/ for students who successfully complete 30 semester hours. Students at the nation’s top universities for accounting programs have several features to consider when deciding on a school to attend, including access to resources, availability of CPA exam preparation and dual-degree options.
At the university’s College of Business, students can earn an undergraduate and a graduate degree in accounting. A certificate in accounting is also available, in addition to a Ph.D. in Accountancy program. Aspiring accountants and bookkeepers can find programs at the University of Texas at Austin, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Ohio State University and Brigham Young University. All four schools offer undergraduate and graduate programs in accounting; the undergraduate programs in particular have received high rankings from U.S. Located on 300 acres beyond Century Gate in Hattiesburg, Sperling’s 329th greenest city, the University of Southern Mississippi is a public, doctoral-level ORAU member of Conference USA that’s led by President Rodney Bennett with 14,479 Golden Eagles. USM is designated America’s 15th best standout college on Niche, 242th top public university in Forbes, and 215th best school by the CWUR.